EFLA konferanse 2012: Green Infrastructure - from global to local
11. jun kl 09:00 - 15. jun kl 16:00
EFLA Regional Congress
VI:th ICON LA International Conference
Sted: St. Petersburg, Uppsala og Stockholm
Informasjon om konferansen på http://www.icon-la.org
The main objective of this international event is to raise the attention and awareness among scientists, urban planners, landscape architects, city administrations and other stakeholders on the importance of creating sustainable green infrastructure in the cities and using the full potentials of green infrastructure for primary production, biodiversity development, ecosystems services, recreation and mitigation of consequences of globalisation and climate change.
Konferansen har 7 tema:
- Green Infrastructure in different scales;
- Green Heritage;
- Green-Blue infrastructures;
- Built structure-Green infrastructure and their interactions;
- Green infrastructures: ecosystem services;
- The link between green and social infrastructure;
- Transportation and green infrastructures.
Konferansen går over fem dager:
11.-12. juni - St. Petersburg, presentasjoner m/ekskursjon
13. juni - "Allegro", tog fra St. Petersburg-Helsinki, ekskursjon i Helsinki og ferje "Viking Line" fra Helsinki til Stockholm
14. juni - Tekniske ekskursjoner i Stockholm og Uppsala
15. juni - Uppsala, konferanse presentasjoner
The registration fee is 300 Euro for 5 days which includes coffee breaks, lunches, ticket to the Allegro train (St. Petersburg to Helsinki), the ferry trip with one meal (From Helsinki to Stockholm), excursion buses in Uppsala and St. Petersburg and a copy of the conference proceedings.
The scientific output will be in the form of a peer-reviewed conference abstract proceedings (will be completed before the conference) and a special issue in one of the peer reviewed publications (Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, Landscape and Ecological Engineering or Nordic Architectural Research etc.) after the conference. Editors of these scientific journals will be invited to the conference.
The keynote speakers are world leading academics and practitioners:
- Martha Schwartz (USA , UK), one of the leading world's landscape architects,
- Professor Nancy Rottle from the University of Washington, USA;
- Professor Stephan Pauleit from Munich Technical University, Germany,
- Dr. Larisa Kanunnikova, the Main Landscape Architect of St. Petersburg,
- Professors Clas Florgård, world specialist in indigenous vegetation and
- Per G Berg, DG Environment (EU) expert for the European Green Capital Award from SLU, Sweden.
This conference is the EFLA (European Federation for Landscape Architecture) Regional Congress.
EFLA General Assembly meeting will take part on June 9-10 in St. Petersburg.
Invited to the conference are also IFLA (International Federation of Landscape Architects) and its members.